Monday 11 April 2016

The point when we become the Devil's children (Read)

This tweet got me thinking


I had a very interesting conversation with an old friend over the weekend. I hadn't seen him in 6 years so I was a bit taken aback when I beheld his gaunt appearance. He still retained his handsome looks, but the handsomeness was a battered one. An handsomeness that looked like it was being strained.



After catching up with old times, he opened up to me about the spiritual problems he was going through in his family. He mentioned an aunt who openly boasted in everyone's presence that she was the one who had caused the fire who destroyed his father's business. He also told me of the relatives who had planted a spy in his father's house to monitor them and how the spy's daughter had run mad after her plans to spiritually hand him over to these enemies failed.

Let me note here that I know this lady, and I know when the madness began, but I had no idea there was a deep story behind it. He said since she wanted to hand over someone else's child (him) for the destruction, her own child would bear the brunt of her sin to serve as a reproach to her.

He told me so many things that time will not permit me to put down here, but when I saw the tweet above, it made me wonder and ask questions:

In Africa here where black magic, juju and voodoo is very real, what happens when someone makes an open boast that they are behind certain challenges one may be facing? If in church a pastor now says one should call down destruction on known 'enemies', does that make you the devil's child?

My friend told me plainly: "if you say let my enemies live so that they will see what I become, then it means you will never amount to anything in life". He now ended with "if you cannot do good, don't do evil..."

What do you think, folks? Lets discuss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out