Tuesday 8 March 2016

How Do I Make My Neighbour Understand That Her Kids Are Suffering?

My neighbour’s children aged 6 and 9 usually come to my flat after school to play with my baby. They are very lovely kids, unfortunately, they prefer spending time with me more than with their parents.
Sometime ago, the older of the two, a girl, told me that I should please beg their parents to start spending time with them. She listed activities her parents spare little or no time for, including taking them out to have fun and attending PTA meetings like parents of their friends at school do. I was surprised and in tears.
When their parents came back from work, I called their mum and explained everything her daughter told me but was left quite dumbfounded at her reaction. The first thing she asked me was that do I want her to quit her job? I just had to shut my mouth.
Last week, her daughter told me that the house-help living with them is very wicked and I should talk to her mum to replace her. She revealed that it’s only when her parents are around that she pretends to be good to them. That again left me heartbroken.
I’m not a stay-at-home mum but have my own business, so, I know combining work and family demands can be tough. I have never asked those kids the kind of jobs their parents do for a living but believe no matter what, their children’s demands can be looked into. My question is, should I still talk to her considering how rude she was the last time I raised the subject? I feel inclined not to raise this issue with her ever again or what do you think?



Read more - http://ift.tt/1gifqs9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out